Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler - Requirements and installation
The following software must be installed on your system:
|Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (32bit - 64bit). Intel Based MAC with Parallels or VMware Fusion software.|
|64 bit platforms supported.|
|Optional Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel 2007 and above|
|The Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework is required for 4.x versions of Scheduler. While it is pre-installed on most modern operating systems (Win 7, 8.1, 10), our installer will advise you if it cannot find the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework and provide download links.|
There are two installation types during setup for Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler, Full installation and Workstation installation.
|1.||Full installation : is for the main user or Server setup. Installs Interface (application code), main database and folders for images and documents.|
|2.||Workstation installation : Is for client computers on your network (i.e. secretary office). Installs Interface without Database. The user read all data and images from server.|
Full Installation for one user:
|1.||Make sure the hardware and software requirements are fulfilled.|
|2.||Uninstall any previous versions you may have installed on your computer.|
|3.||Install Biosoftworld Scheduler by double clicking on the downloaded SetupScheduler.exe and choose Full Installation .|
Network setup. Installation for multiple users:
If you have 2 or more computer in your medical office, and want multiple users can access and share information, then read the following information:
To setup Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler in a network, you must ensure that at least one computer is prepared as the server (only full installation) and the rest as clients (workstation installation or full installation)). This means that the server computer will be the one storing all the information (created, modified and saved by users on other computers like secretaries) in its database. The other client computers would not save any information on their own, but would access this information from the server. The following steps highlight this:
1. Decide which computer in your network is going to act as the server (a UPS protected PC with high performance be the server) and perform a full installation. The default installation path for database and other data files like documents and images is: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler\. The database file name is: MedSchedulerData.mdb
2. Perform a workstation installation on clients and the first time you run Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler, you will be prompted to provide the network path for database MedSchedulerData.mdb through windows explorer screens. You can perform a full installation also. After a full installation on each workstation, using at the login program screen the tab “Database Administration” point the program to the server database providing the network path on server. Assuming that you have install the database at the default installation directory the path will be like:
\\Your_Server_Name\Users\Public\Documents\Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler\MedSchedulerData.mdb.
In case of trouble you must check at each workstation the following: Assuming that you have install your database at the default installation directory on server, open in each workstation the registry. The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Biosoftworld\BioScheduler\Defaults\Database must contain this value: \\Your_Server_Name\Users\Public\Documents\Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler\MedSchedulerData.mdb
3. Finally it is important to setup the documents path section at "Program Setup" screen. Each workstation must point to server paths for storing images and documents. Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler stores images and documents outside the main database for better performance. The folders for images and documents are also in the default installation directory for database file ...Users\Public\Documents\Biosoftworld Medical Scheduler\ .
Folder Sharing problems ( ERROR 1191)
The error 1191 is due to file sharing permissions at your server in data files folder. You should check from Network and Sharing Center your file sharing settings. You should also check the sharing settings for the folder that you have install the data files (especially the MedSchedulerData.mdb).
Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a mis-configured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a state-ful firewall in a VPN); or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it.
Windows 7 and above, go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network and Sharing Center. Click on "Change advanced sharing settings". You don't want to use Homegroup unless you have all Windows 7 machines. If you do and you want to use Homegroup, see Windows 7's Help & Support. Otherwise, in the Advanced Sharing:
Turn ON network discovery
Turn ON file and printer sharing
Turn ON sharing in the Public folder sharing section
Turn ON password protected sharing
- Right-click the Biosoftworld Scheduler folder, and then click Share with
- Click Specific people ( to share on a workgroup or domain)
- Select an account.
Biosoftworld Scheduler package is tested and run on Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Virtual Machines.
Activation special note!
This Software require activation via an active internet connection and will only operate for a finite period of time prior to Software activation by you. During activation, you will provide your unique Serial key accompanying the Software purchase receipt . If you do not complete the activation within the finite period of time, the Software will cease to function until activation is complete, which will restore full functionality. Upon purchase you do not need to uninstall the trial installation (if you are using the latest version). Just use the license key that is emailed to you in order to turn the trial edition to registered.
To Uninstall Scheduler
|1.||Click the uninstall icon found in the Start menu , in Programs / Biosoftworld Scheduler.|
|2.||Click the [ Start ] button.|
|3.||Select Settings > Control Pane l.|
|4.||Double-click Add/Remove Programs .|
|5.||Click Install/Uninstall .|
|6.||Then select Scheduler from the list of programs that can be automatically removed.|
|7.||Click the [ Remove ...] button to uninstall Scheduler.|